Week1A: Why on Earth would I choose this Theme? And what's Social Media?

     This theme called to me with its cool ambient colors and evening vibe. The dark lighting makes it feel surreal, and is easy on the eyes while being viewed in the dark. Night time is comforting to me, because it remind me that it's almost time to sleep and that comforts my body.

    I find the silhouettes of the tall and skinny trees to be a pleasant thing to look at, and also, they make the page seem less claustrophobic. I have always really loved nature, so anything that reminds me of being in a forest or away from the city makes me happy.

    In my opinion, the blue gradient of fog from the left to the right really compliments the grey areas of the page, although at the same time it makes the trees in the image appear as silhouettes on the left, and tree in the fog on the right. I think the strong shade of black on the tree on the left really makes the picture pop and have that satisfying range of contrast.

    Enough about the theme though, let's talk about social media! I have been using social media for many years for personal use, until just recently, when I decided I would attempt to start a brand of my own. My brand name is Dun Central! If you look it up, you might not find anything yet, because like I said, it's new! I actually signed up with Hootsuite on a free trial. Hootsuite allows users to post or schedule content to their social media from one place. From Hootsuite, I post content to Instagram, Facebook, Twitter, Pinterest, and LinkedIn.

    Whether it's talking to friends, or just wasting time on the internet, I personally think Facebook is the best for personal use. On Facebook, you can use messenger to chat with friends, or even video call them, while you watch your daily meme feed. Besides that, Facebook actually owns Instagram, so you will often see Instagram posts on Facebook!

    On the other hand, I believe businesses need to maintain an active profile on multiple social media platforms. To spread awareness to the widest range of audience, it is almost imperative to branch out to other sites, besides the one you're most comfortable with. When you think about it, most people have a specific social media platform they use consistently. Many people don't spend too much time on social media platforms other than their favorite, so in order to reach the people who prefer Twitter over Instagram, you may have to consider making a Twitter page.

Comments

  1. Hi Eric,

    I like your theme choice; I almost picked the same one! You writing style is free flowing and easy to read. I can tell you are comfortable and familiar with posting to social media.
    I will have to check out Hootsuite. It sounds like it could make managing the posting for my business easier.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hello Eric,
    I choose the same theme at first before I knew there were more nature options. I really wanted a cool thunderstorm theme. I was drawn to this one by the calming colors and the fact it is nature. I agree with your outlook on social media. It is so important for a growing business to have several different social media platforms. Good luck with your business.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hello! I like your choice in darker colors vs. light. Most webpages these days tend to go with something a big lighter but its nice to see something different! I also recently started a brand and I am looking for ways to grow my social media. Thank you for your rec. on Hoot I'm going to check it out! Good luck in your endeavors!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hello,

    First off well done! Right off the back this theme fits well. Easy to read, the font is lovely on the eyes and the small background image is subtle enough to feel welcoming than distracting. Your reasoning for your choice is very well explained and left little to question.

    As for the write ups on various social media that have impacted you, also well done. Your writing style is enjoyable and detailed. I have actually never heard of or used Hootsuite, very interesting! Including non-common social media is a great way to use this platform as it helps introduce people to new things.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts