Week 4 Part B: Defining YOUR Target Market

     Dun Central - Target Market

    As an Independent Game Studio, Dun Central has a target market in the gaming industry, mainly consisting of gamers. Other target audiences include astronomy and physics enthusiasts, indie developers, and anyone with an interest in aesthetics. Currently, without any games published, my target market remains focused on other developers and artists that are enthusiastic about small company growth and team work. 

    The group that Dun Central targets is made up of individuals that are typically in their 20s-30s, have a formal education, and exist anywhere around the globe that has access to computers. The videogame industry has been on the rise for decades. There is enormous competition in the industry, although the complexity of projects and size of companies varies drastically. The risks associated with my business are minimal, as all I have to lose is time, meanwhile I gain knowledge as I progress. Dun Central has no real liabilities to worry about, as no big investments are being made. Hootsuite is currently the only service subscription, and that's just to make managing multiple social media platforms easier. I predict that as I continue to develop content to advertise and sell, Dun Central will receive more attention and followers. Once I release my first game, I predict that publicity will increase rapidly and put more pressure on Dun Central as a company to maintain and develop additional products.

Comments

Popular Posts