Week 17: Wrapping It Up

Wrapping It Up

    I have learned extensive amounts of useful knowledge this semester regarding how businesses use social media for online advertising and marketing. Coincidentally, just a few weeks before the semester started I had decided to begin developing and marketing my brand, Dun Central. The tools and skills that I have learned from this class are sure to assist me in maintaining my online presence. I can use what I learned about social media analytics to determine what kind of content is most effective for my business as it grows and changes.

    My perspective on social media was expanded this semester. Before taking this course, I had minimal knowledge surrounding social media marketing. I have learned that there is a lot of things that need to be done behind the scenes, such as creating the content to post in the first place, replying to comments and messages, reviewing analytics, and maintaining a consistent schedule. It's also important for a business to find their target audience.

    Using social media for businesses is very important in this day and age. Nearly four billion individuals in the world use social media. That's more than half of the population of the world. Utilizing social media can open up a communication channel to a huge audience that a business previously had no way of reaching or engaging. The widespread acceptance of social media has allowed businesses and brands market themselves more easily than ever.

    Analytics systems built within social media platforms such as Facebook, as well as social media management tools like Hootsuite, provide users with extensive data collected from your audience's interactions with your posts and page. Using this, users are able to use this as a tool to test different marketing and advertising tactics on social media. For my business, I will be consistently reviewing Google Analytics for my eCommerce shop and Facebook Analytics for my brand's Facebook page.

    The lessons from this class are sure to benefit my brand as I continue to grow my online presence and market my Shopify products and indie games through social media. Facebook, Instagram, and Twitter (among others) are all very popular platforms that all types of individuals are active on. If I am able to produce quality content and remain consistent with a set schedule for my posts, my brand can become successful. Reviewing the analytics will allow me to tailor my content to better appeal to my audience. 

Comments

Popular Posts